Tuesday 22 January 2013

In an emergency apply the break... dagger days.

This week it's mainly sparring and dagger work, with some footwork and slip drills thrown in.
Please be aware the following is for research purposes, please do not try it without professional tuition.

Here's a few recap basics as we go through.

Firstly as the overhand thrust comes in, I slip back to bring myself out of distance, checking the blade with my own, and grasping Tim's wrist.

I return an over thrust of my own to Tim's belly or groin, of course at the check earlier I could have gone for a hand or limb destruction, or aimed the thrust elsewhere, however this is the set up for the following.

Tim checks my attack slapping the move in a down slightly to protect his body.


I hook in and up with my forearm, pushing his knife away and down with my left.
you must take care to push pull twist and step in one motion as to prevent a hand swap by the opponent.

The hook accomplished I pull his blade to the outside of my thigh securing it, but keeping it away from the more vulnerable inside. 
I then proceed to the floor to apply the break.


 If you have any questions, we can go over them in class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment