Monday 3 November 2014

I'm not on a boat.

It was asked today why I haven't traveled overseas to teach very much this year when there have been several very kind offers to do so.


Well tonight sums it up.
Every time my students turn up and put so much effort into understanding, when on lacking understanding they ask the right questions, when they show such diligence that it makes me want to applaud....That's where we have a problem.

I love when each student makes a jump in comprehension, how that drives me to research more.
I love when that perfect shot from a student, played for and got sneaks through and you know that that application is comprehension embodied...But of course that may be an issue.

 The problem is I cannot leave a class when they show such desire to learn and improve.
The issue is they do, and that drives me and makes me reluctant to leave...even for a week.
Maybe next year I will try and travel out of the UK again, the offers mean a lot, but these buggers have me hooked.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment